How To Hang A Mirror Without Nails In Easy Steps
We all love to use mirrors on our walls for many different reasons. Whether you use it to check yourself before leaving your house or for decoration purposes, a mirror is necessary.
But the thing that you might not like is to drill holes in walls to hang a mirror.
If you are searching for how to hang a mirror without nails, then you are in the right place.
Keep on reading, and we will guide you through.
Table of Contents
How To Hang A Mirror Without Nails
There are many ways to hang mirrors without using nails. The four methods that we are going to discuss to hang mirrors without using nails are:
- By using hanging strips
- Adhesive mirrors
- Toggle bolts
Hanging strips are useful for hanging lightweight mirrors.
Steps to hang lightweight mirrors with hanging strips:
- Clean the wall where you are going to hang the mirror. You can use trisodium phosphate (TSP) or rubbing alcohol for this purpose.
- The next step is to use hanging strips on plaster or drywall walls. Take strips that have adhesive on one side and Velcro on the other. Take four strips and apply them vertically on the four corners of the mirror. Always make sure to follow your manufacturer’s instructions for your tape’s brand to get precise instructions.
- Stick your mirror to the wall and hold it securely for about 1 minute against the wall.
- Now we want to pull each strip apart at the Velcro. To do so, remove the mirror from the wall. Now you should have four hanging strips on the wall and four on the mirror as well. The Velcro side on each of them should be exposed. Press firmly against each strip on the wall and hold for about a minute.
- Wait for one hour. After one hour, reattach your mirror to the wall.
Another excellent way to hang mirrors without nails is by using adhesive mirrors. Usually, they come in small sizes and are light in weight.
Also, their installation is pretty simple and straightforward.
However, their downside is that they are made of acrylic, and their reflection is not good as compared to a regular mirror.
Toggle bolts work well for hanging mirrors. It is effortless to set up these toggle bolts. Start by making a small hole in your drywall.
Then insert the toggle bolt in. The toggle bolt will spread on the other side of your wall.
Tighten the toggle bolt and make sure that it has a firm grip.
Once the toggle bolt gets a solid grip, you will be able to hang mirror as the bolt head now will be strong enough.
You can use hooks to hang heavy mirrors.
- Take a paper and cut an outline of your mirror. Try to make it the exact size of the mirror.
- Take the paper you just cut and tape it to the wall where you want your mirror to hang your mirror.
- Now mark two holes at the top of the paper. The holes should be at equal distance from edges. Make sure that your paper is aligned properly so that you get the exact location.
- You don’t need any tools to push these tools into the wall. Now push the hooks into the wall with the right-side-up. Then push it all way back until you see that only the hook is visible. Hang the mirror on the hooks and adjust it until it is straight and secure.
Try to buy hooks that are rated at least double than the weight of your mirror.
I hope that these four methods will help you to hang your mirrors with ease.
Which method do you often use to hang mirrors?
Let us know in the comments.